Summer is in full swing!
That means it’s time for beach days, bike rides, hikes, barbecues and much more. With Independence Day right around the corner we thought we would compile a list of our favorite TeachEatRepeat recipes for a summer barbecue.
For those that don’t know….
“Teach. Eat. Repeat. are Rachel Faust (Miami-Dade ’10) and Anna Simonds (Greater New Orleans ’10), proud Teach For America alumnae who share two passions: a commitment to their students and their love of food.
Now we understand that people come with preferences and dietary restrictions; so we included a variety of options for all types.
- Grilled Cauliflower Steaks
- We all know someone observing a meatless lifestyle. This recipe creates a great and flavorful dish to include them in the joys of grilling!
- Olive Oil Baked Italian Chicken Wings
- We would not suggest putting this directly on the grill due to the olive oil involved, however wings are always a solid addition to a cookout. Baking these in the oven means you have more time/space on the grill to ensure all the food is properly cooked.
- Grilled Skirt Steak
- It’s steak! This recipe is full of flavor and again, it’s steak.
- Kale Salad
- Kale is very nutritious, but we (and many others) often don’t know how to use it. This salad is really easy and versatile.
- Autumn Grain Salad
- This is a wonderful salad recipe for those of us who love salads that incorporate grains, dried fruit, nuts and are a generally a little sweeter.
- Maple Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Apples
- Sweet potatoes are well loved and they are full of vitamins and nutrients. If you are like some of us here, you’re always looking for new ways to use them. This is like an easy and delicious side dish!
- Dairy-Free Pesto
- Pesto is delightful on many things such as chicken, pasta and rice;however, not everyone can enjoy its greatness. This recipe is a tasty dairy free option for the vegan and lactose intolerant!
- Grilled Sweet Potato Fries
- Nearly everyone likes fries, especially kids. This is a delicious recipe we think would provide a healthier option for you and your children.
- Italian-Style Chicken Salad Stuffed Peppers
- Did your mouth water when you read this ^^. This wonderful side dish is almost a full meal in itself. A combination of chicken (prepared however you choose), peppers, tomatoes, lemon juice and a few other fantastic ingredients. These stuffed peppers are delicious no matter when you eat them.
We wouldn’t recommend buying and making all of this yourself. Share these recipes and encourage your friends and family to try something different in the kitchen this summer.