It’s commonly known that February is Black History Month. What is lesser known is the origin of Black History Month, how it got started and some milestones of the celebration. So we’ve put together a short quiz to test your knowledge of Black History Month. Enjoy!
1. Only the United States celebrates Black History Month. True/False
2. President __________ was the first president to officially designate February as Black History Month.
3. Every president since has designated February as Black History Month. True/False
4. Carter G. Woodson proposed a Negro History Week in:
5. In 1989 Douglas Wilder became the first black governor. True/False
1. False. Canada and the United Kingdom also celebrate Black History Month.
2. c – Ford
4. d – 1915
5. True. In the state of Virginia (1990-1994)
Leave a comment and tell us how you did!